Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend update

I've not done any running since Wednesday as mentioned. My knee is still a little tender even when I walk on it, so running is definately out of the question. I have been icing it periodically and trying to stay off my feet as much as possible.

I did a half an hour of water-jogging this evening, followed by a short swim. The idea of water jogging was to give my legs a workout but less impact on my knee.

I still felt my knee ache though, so didn't push it any longer. You certainly feel it on your quads and ankles after just a half hour. I think wearing shorts in the pool didn't assist my cause, as they create quite a lot of drag. Still, I feel better for at least doing something this weekend.

I have another physio session on Tuesday and no plans to run until at least Wednesday. Even then, if I don't feel 100% I won't run. Thursday I am working away, and Friday evening I go to Ibiza for the weekend. I get back early on Tuesday morning. If I manage to run on Wednesday or Thursday then I will likely fit in a run on Saturday or Sunday morning in Ibiza. I hear the weather hasn't been too good there recently. This suits me to be honest, as I don't want to be running in 30C+. heat.

Any developments this week i'll let you know.

No comments: