Wednesday, January 31, 2007

2007 Training Plan Month 2

Below is my month 2 training plan for 2007. Month 1 went mostly to plan. I missed a few sessions due to work, and some slight injury. You'll be pleased to hear my ankle is better than expected after the 24 mile event at the weekend, when it really caused me problems. I didn't run on Tuesday, but did an hour on the ski machine/cross on Wednesday. Less impact that risking a run at the moment. Walking more than a few hundred metres it's still painful. I'll have to be careful with what I do this weekend, to allow it sufficient healing time.

My pack weight increases every couple of weeks now. I may have to review that if I think it's increasing too much too soon. I don't want to risk injury.

The milestone for this month is the Beacon Bash ,a 21 mile LDWA event near Wigan. I have entered as a runner again, and should hopefully be fully fit and improve on my performance last Sunday. Although as I am increasing weight every few weeks, I wonder if I will every really improve my times significantly. Perhaps not, but if I can try and maintain an average of 4mph or above regardless of terrain, I'll be happy. I was reading on an Ultrarunner website that 3mph is considered average, and 4mph good going for very long (10 hours - 24 hours) events apparently. Given thats the kind of event I'm training for. I think 4mph+ is a good target average pace for these events which typically have several thousand feet of ascent.

Anyway, here's month 2:

No comments: