Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Update and revised schedule.


I ran for the first time in a week on Wednesday. Unfortunately my knee still got sore after just 2 or 3 miles, so I stopped after about 4.5. I had also ran off road to try and minimise the impact. The pain wasn't quite as sharp, but it's still worrying for it to come on so early.

I flew out to Ibiza on Friday night. I ran at midday on the Saturday in San Antonio. It was quite hot, about 27C I believe. I ran around the promenade and coast form San An town into San An bay, and back to my hotel. It was a 5 mile round trip. Again my knee was sore after about 3 miles. All the footpaths are concrete tiled, and not tarmac which won't have helped as concrete is about 10 times harder. My knee was sore for the whole day, but was improved on the Sunday. I flew back on Monday night.

It's now Tuesday and I'm going to run again later today and see how I get on. I've revised my schedule because of the injury and it means I am not going to get more than one 18 or 20 mile run in, and maybe not even that if my knee is still bad this week. If it is still hurting my marathon could really be in trouble. Already any hopes of doing 4 hours are looking a million miles away. Just finishing it may be impossible.

Revised schedule above.

No comments: