Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Last nights run

I ran last night. After 4 miles I pulled up and walked the other mile and a half home. Knee is still hurting. I even ran 90% of the run on grass, to lessen the impact. I'm going to have to take a few more days off, maybe nothing until the weekend. I stopped just as it was beginning to niggle, rather than turning into more serious pain. I think this was the right thing to do.

I'm more or less resigned to the fact that I will be (hopefully) running in the marathon just to finish now, and not to try and complete in 4 hours. I don't think my knee has even one long run in it, let alone 3 or 4 before the marathon. If I just rest it now, it might get me through the actual day, then again maybe it won't. I'm going to have to hope my residual fitness will carry me thorugh the day. However, when my longest run will only have been 15 miles, that's 11 short of the marathon. I can't tell you how disappointing this is after all the training I've done. Just that one extra long distance walk has screwed up my marathon by the looks of it.

No comments: