Thursday, July 20, 2006

Midweek update

I'm working this weekend, so I'm not going to be able to walk on Saturday. I am taking my pack and trainers and I will hopefully fit a 12 mile run in on Sunday if I'm not working all hours.

All runs this week have been after 8pm becuase of the heat. It has been over 30C on Monday and Tuesday, and it was 34C here on Wednesday. That's getting on for Morocco temps! This year is all about getting fit, not climate training, so I wisely ran as the sun is setting. Still hot and humid though.

On Tuesday I did a 52 minute easy pace run. I guess it was about 5 miles, but I didn't take my GPS. It was an off-road route in nearby Apedale. Quite a hilly route but enjoyable.

Wednesday I did a 10 minute warm up followed by 25 minutes of intervals. 1 minute jog, 1 minute fast (I'd say about 7:30 - 8 min mile pace). Really enjoyed this run, despite the heat. First time I have done 1 minute intervals. I usually do 3 mins jog, 2 mins fast.

Thursday I did a pace run. I didn't plan a route, but I had hoped it would work out to be 5 miles. In the end it was 4.6. I'd set myself a goal to run the 5 miles in 8:30 pace. I ended up running the 4.6 miles at 8:19 pace, with a 153 Heart rate average. It was 27C when I started and finished, so I was more than happy with the result, especially since it involves a long 0.7 mile climb near the end.

I have got a 5:30am start to drive to York and onto Newcastle-upon-Tyne, so no Gym tomorrow. There is a Gym in the hotel i'm staying at though. So, if I finish work early enough i'll get my workout in up there.

Speak to you next week.

No comments: