Friday, April 04, 2008

857--stage 5- the marathon day - 26.2 miles

Today I re-wheeled the wagon...with Bridgestones. Today injuries are forgotten, blisters ignored, and its painkillers for breakfast. I got my first good nights sleep and was well fuelled from food donated by everyone, after losing my food on stage 4; Today properly rested and fuelled I ran the stage I am capable of. Everyone goes for it today treating it as the final stage as tomorrows 11 miles is well, a fun run in comparison to the rest of the week. Despite 3 steep ascents, checkpoints, and lots of sand I finished the marathon in 6hrs 30, 4mph average position 367 (unconfirmed). Oh and it was 46C. thank you everyone for messages I got about 40 last night, a record I think. you have all helped me through this. I wont be given any messages sent after about 6pm today, so any after then send to my blog or own email. I will cross the line tomorrow even if I had 2 broken legs. it has been quite a journey, lots to tell. thank you and see you back home. from a very sore but happy Me.

-----------------------------
N'utilisez pas la fonction "REPONDRE", l'envoi de message se fait uniquement par le Site Web Darbaroud.com !!! MERCI
ATLANTIDE ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE
-----------------------------
Don't use "REPLY TO", mails are only sent via the Darbaroud.com Website !!!THANKS
ATLANTIDE ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE

No comments: