Monday, March 10, 2008

The final training plan

This weeks update is one post below this one.

Here it is, the last 4 weeks plan. It doesn't seem so long ago since I created my two year plan. Well, just over 2 years really, since I created it at the end of February. I still have the entire spreadsheet from day 1. I don't think there is a lot I would change with hindsight. I wrote a plan for myself as someone with, at best, very modest running ability and transform them from a half dozen miles a week runner to an aspiring ultra-endurance athlete. Do I consider myself an athlete now? No, not yet, but I have come a long way my early postings where I would run 3 or 4 miles or so. It would be fair to say that the MDS has totally overtaken all aspects of my life. Every waking thought for the last two years has been about this race! I'm sure some professional would scoff at my training schedule, but I'm happy with the place it has bought me to and that's all that matters really.

Four weeks left and I then can un-pause my life and rejoin society!



Here's something nice. I recently gave a talk to the pupils at Blackfriars school, who I am raising money for. They posted this thank you letter to me.

2 comments:

Jaume Tolosa said...

Hello, I´ll run the MDS 08. I´m from Roda de Ter(barcelona). Visit my Blog: jaumetolosa.blogspot.com.
Are you nervous? I need leave to Morocco now.
See you next week.
good look
jaume

Rich said...

Yes a little nervous, but looking forward to it. Look out for number 857 and say hello!