Sunday, March 30, 2008

857--day 1 19.5 miles

hardest day 1 ever possibly. 10 miles of big dunes in the stage. sandstorm blew up at 5am and made prep difficult and spooked me a little. read some cards from home and that sorted me out. everyone walked first 8 miles of dunes to cp, I only averaged 2.7mph. Then I did what I trained for and ran. I alternated walking sometimes. 2 Miles of dunes at end, big sting in the tail. got in about 5:50hrs 3.3mph average. no idea of place, not imporant. feet still ok, hydration system seems ok. right quad pain from IT band likely to cause me probs as week goes on, hope it doesnt get too bad. I look forward to getting messages from you. Mum confirm this gets posted on the website please. so far so good, 23.5m tomorrow. bye for now. Rich

-----------------------------
N'utilisez pas la fonction "REPONDRE", l'envoi de message se fait uniquement par le Site Web Darbaroud.com !!! MERCI
ATLANTIDE ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE
-----------------------------
Don't use "REPLY TO", mails are only sent via the Darbaroud.com Website !!!THANKS
ATLANTIDE ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

384 857 WEREMIUK Richard H GB 05H51'58 3H20'32 5,39

Rich is 384th out of 801. At least 5 have abandoned.

Go Rich!