Sunday, December 16, 2007

Training Plan December 07 to January 08


Above is my next 4 weeks training plan, seeing me through into the New Year. My first week, as you can see, is spent training in Tenerife (I get on the plane tomorrow). It's a heavy mileage and heavy packweight week. I then get a couple of lighter weeks, with an LDWA event on the 5th January; The Hebden. It's 22 miles with around 4000ft of ascent. However, I'm hoping that will feel like a walk in the park after the Tenerife training where I will be doing more ascent than than in the first 10k of the first day!
I've not yet entered it, but the week after is a 15 mile trig point race at Cannock (no fixed route; point to point). I entered last year, not knowing what to expect. I arrived late, unfit after 2 months off through injury, didn't realise the only checkpoint only carried water, and basically hit the wall before half way around. I crawled around the second half of the route, ending up taking a little over 3 hours. Ihad to beg water off passers by, ended on the floor with the most severe cramping I have ever experienced, and generally did very badly! I feel I should revisit it and redeem myself this year, but I'll see how I feel during that week.
After I get back from Tenerife I'll post up a summary of the year and how it has gone for me.

No comments: