Tuesday, May 30, 2006

7.5 miles walk


On Saturday last I did a long walk. Well, I say long. Being a consolodation week I only did 7.5 miles. I picked a picturesque route starting at Mow Cop in Cheshire, following the Gritstone Trail towards Congleton before cutting back along the canal and back up to Mow Cop on the South Chesire Way. I kept a good pace though, 4 miles per hour over mainly rough terrain is a pretty good pace, especially considering the climb in the last mile! See hill profile above.

It took me 1 hour 54 mins, if memory serves. I walked with a pack approx 4 Kilo's.

I also have some new trail shoes. I have some New Balance 1100 OR. They are heavier than the Inov8's, but they are much more cushioned, have a plate in the sole to stop stop bruises, an innner sock to prevent debris getting in, and also rubber over the toe to protect against a toe-stub. I am very impressed with them so far.

No comments: