Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Training plan 2008 - January to February



Above is my next 4-weeks training plan. My mileage is just building steadily now, only around 5% per week as I don't want to risk injury by going crazy so close to the MDS.

Two major events this month; That's Lyth (44 miles) and Rombald's Stride (22 miles). Both are fairly hilly with a few thousand feet of ascent in each, over some harsh moors in parts. Three solid distance runs in the week now, around 10-12 miles each day, and still mainting my two gym sessions, and a run of between 15 and 22 miles on Saturdays and Sundays. Week 4 will be my usual recovery week. I have halved the mileage in order to recover for the start of the following week of training where I will peak my training mileage at 85 miles as it includes the Thames Meander.

No comments: