Saturday, April 15, 2006

Long Walk


My first long walk in a couple of weeks, so I decided to do a fairly long one. I chose a 10 miles route, but probably ended up doing closer to 11, what with wandering around searching for footpaths now and again.

I've posted the route, I produced it using the memory-map (www.memory-map.co.uk) software I have. I download the map and route onto my PDA and use it with Bluetooth GPS to find my way and chart my progress. I have maps for much of the UK.

This route is not too far from me, I parked where I marked the green cicrle, the starting place being Hanchurch wooods, near Newcastle-under-Lyme.

It was very enjoyable, it took me about 3 hours in total. That included a couple of short stops to get a quick sandwich etc. You can see the elevation profile on the picture too. So I managed to work a few hills in there as well!

1 hour 40 minute run tomorrow... should be good!

No comments: