Saturday, March 24, 2007

Climate Training

I'm going away for a week this afternoon to visit my sister who lives in Tenerife. It's her birthday, and the whole family is going out.

I'm also going to take the opportunity to do some warm weather training, and do a few of Tenerife's many walks. Being a volcanic island it has plenty of mountains to tackle, including the actual volcano Mount Teide which is 3700 (12,000ft) the highest peak in all of Spain. Even the mountains in my sisters back garden are bigger than any in the UK. I get back next Saturday, so expect some pics and video from Tenerife after that.

In the meantime, keep an eye on proceedings at this years Marathon Des Sables which starts tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

http://www.darbaroud.com/index_uk.php

It gets updated daily with event and weather updates
Keep an eye on Competitor number 543, Silcock.
I'm sure he'll appreciate words of support from anyone, if you 'write to a competitor' on that website.

Speak to you in a week.

No comments: